We’re proud to announce the official release of DreamStudio Unity 12.04.3. Now with over 100,000 downloads, our latest release makes this the best open source software suite for graphics, audio, and especially video editing. Here are some of the latest features:
1. Lightworks for Linux Beta – The long awaited Lightworks for Linux Beta is included in a special 64-bit Installation ISO (it’s currently only available as a binary, with no x86 support), so you can try it out from a LiveUSB or DVD without having to install. You will, however, need a Lightworks Linux Beta registration to use it. Lightworks has been the editing platform of choice for a vast amount of Hollywood productions including Pulp Fiction and Braveheart.
2. CinePaint 1.0 - CinePaint is back! This makes DreamStudio the only distribution that includes it by default. This is the same world class software used in Hollywood blockbusters like The Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter.
3. Ardour 3.2 – This is the Ardour we’ve all been waiting for! It includes not only MIDI recording, editing, and plugins – but also a new video track – making this the perfect open source solution for every type of music and film scoring.
4. Cinelerra 4.4 – The original professional grade editing and compositing software for Linux is included in it’s best version yet. It’ more stable than ever, and includes a brand new “Light” UI theme.
5. SlowMoVideo 0.3 – The latest version of this excellent software no longer requires Nvidia hardware, and makes incredibly fluid videos. It even supports drawing speed curves.
6. SynfigStudio 0.64 – SynfigStudio is also back! Synfig is great for kinetic typography, video titling and credits, and even cartoon animation.
7. Ivy Bridge Support – The latest DreamStudio release includes the Linux 3.8 kernel by default. It will work with proprietary hardware drivers like those from Nvidia, and allows us to offer a single amd64 installation image with support for any 64 bit Intel processor, no matter how new or old.
8. Updates – All your favorite software has been updated to the latest versions. You get Blender 2.67, GIMP 2.8.4, and Inkscape 0.48.4
9. New Look – We’ve included “Joy” by 9dZign as the default wallpaper with this release, giving DreamStudio a cleaner, more modern look.
If you’re using any 12.04.x release of DreamStudio, you’ll automatically be upgraded when you run the system updater, otherwise head over to DreamStudio’s downloads section to get the latest and greatest today!
Thanks, as always, to all our upstream contributors, especially the KXStudio team, the Inkscape Developers team, the OpenShot Developers team, IRIE Shinsuke (Blender PPA), Otto Kesselgulasch (GIMP PPA), Dariusz Duma (Photography PPA), Ian Berke (Unity Drawers), Alin Andrei (YAD – which we use for the DreamStudio for Ubuntu installer), Pascal de Bruijn (Darktable PPA), Olivier Banus (Sozi), Ubuntu Studio, Ubuntu, Debian, Deb-Multimedia, Linux, and countless others in the Open Source community!